What is Rhodiola Roses Root Powder: Rhodiola is a plant. The root is used as medicine. Rhodiola is used for many conditions, but so far, there isn’t enough scientific evidence to determine whether or not it is effective for any of them. Rhodiola is used for increasing energy, stamina, strength and mental capacity; and as a so-called “adaptogen” to help the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress. It is also used for improving athletic performance, shortening recovery time after long workouts, improving sexual function; for depression; and for heart disorders such as irregular heartbeat and high cholesterol., Some people use Rhodiola for treating cancer, tuberculosis, and diabetes; preventing cold and flu, aging, and liver damage; improving hearing; strengthening the nervous system; and enhancing immunity. Rhodiola is native to the Arctic regions of Europe, Asia, and Alaska. It has a long history of use as a medicinal plant in Iceland, Sweden, France, Russia, and Greece. It is mentioned by the Greek physician Dioscorides as early as the first century AD. Some people use the term “arctic root” as the general name for this product; however, an arctic root is actually a trademarked name for a specific commercial extract. How does it work? Rhodiola extracts might help protect cells from damage, regulate heartbeat, and have the potential for improving learning and memory. However, none of these effects have been studied in humans.
Here is a list of ways Rhodiola treats"
- Altitude sickness. There is unclear evidence on the effect of Rhodiola for preventing altitude sickness. In an early study, taking Rhodiola twice daily improved sleep quality and oxygen absorption into the blood as well as an altitude sickness medication (acetazolamide) in adults living at high altitudes. Another study found that Rhodiola did not improve symptoms.
- Improving athletic performance. There is conflicting evidence on the effectiveness of Rhodiola in improving athletic performance.
- Blatter Cancer. Early research suggests that Rhodiola might provide some benefits in bladder cancer, but does not reduce the risk for relapse.
- Depression. Early research shows that taking Rhodiola might improve symptoms of depression after 6 weeks of treatment in people with mild-to-moderately severe depression
- Fatigue. Early evidence suggests that Rhodiola might decrease fatigue in stressful situations. A specific Rhodiola extract seems to decrease fatigue and increase a sense of well-being in students taking exams, night-shift workers, and sleep-deprived military cadets.
- Anxiety Early evidence suggests that specific Rhodiola extract (Rhodax) might lower anxiety in people with a condition called generalized anxiety disorder Generalized anxiety disorder.
- Tuberculosis. An early study found that taking a product containing Rhodiola (Immunoxel) daily for three months along with antituberculosis therapy provided beneficial results. The effect of Rhodiola alone is unclear.
- Stress-associated heart disorders.
- High cholesterol
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Hearing loss
- Sexual problems.
- Increasing energy.